Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In a Writing Mood




This is my sister and her husband's band out of Honolulu.
Totally great music and I'm very proud of my sister for this production.
Some of the best work I've ever heard with Shane. 
A chick in a band can be pretty kewl.
And look at her all skinny after two kids.


Shane is a fan of Martin Luther and they once had another band called Junker Jorg - Luther's code name when he went into hiding and the Wittenberg Door episode.  I have written before about them, but I was thinking of my sister tonight and this week after Pastor Andy mentioned Junker a couple of Sundays ago.  Shane and Jeanine also pastor a church in Hawaii as far as I know.  Haven't seen them in quite a while and just miss my sister.  I think last time was in Santa Barbara for my uncle Mike's surprise birthday party in '06.

Okay.  Tonight was church pig roast night and last week I came up with a couple more suggestions:  business card mentioning and altar call.  I was actually a little embarassed to approach Pastor Andy with the suggestions, but he mentioned my jacket a little bit ago.  I tell you what, I very much admire what the Faith Family Church is accomplishing.  I also was brought up as a kid to only approach my pastor if they approach me, so the guy is busy and I don't like to break the rules my mom taught me early on when they were heavily involved with the Hickey's church.  But I did approach and I know he is a cool guy.

The goofy part of this blog in this installment is this:  Lately business is challenging and I called my buddy, Kurt, and we discussed the latest challenges and it was helpful.  Kurt is one of the neatest guys to associate with.  He ain't a C-h-ristian and probably has greater meaning in his life than many guys I know including myself.
So we talked for a while and I've been thinking about part of my earlier brief discussion with Andy.  He stated that he can see that I am a Godly man.  And I tell you what, the statement kind of shocked me because I do so many crazy things.  Sometimes I come up with weird ideas like getting no sleep just because of I don't know why and I enjoy reading and researching.  My ex-wife used to get angry at me for the sleep thing so we would go to bed and I would sneak up after I'd hear her snoring.  You know just weird stuff and its been a long while since I've thought of myself as being exactly Godly and so much of my attention has been in business lately.  Actually some days things just appear as going through the motions.  I like to relax on patios and just watch things happen.  Well, slight tangent and ramble.

I am getting to a point here.  The Godly man statement got me to thinking back in time in my christian history of an entire lifetime and sometimes "Hide the beer the pastor's here" moments.  Or "church of do what you want to" episodes.  You see, I have always known  my proclivity to make sure I stick with my roots and due to any number of things I have lately gotten some shallow times and pockets haven't been deep and stuff like that. 
Here's the thing.  Ever since I can remember, I have been this kid/man whose voice breaks when I am speaking in Christian moments and the only term I can come up with regarding that is because of the splanchtizomai in me.  Its a deep gut thing when I am taking something seriously.  I remember one time when my voice didn't break during a serious matter with a patient and I was pretty surprised.  It was during a half hour where I practically quoted half of a Jim Richards book that this lady needed to hear.  Shoot, just tonight I cracked just when praying over and with three guys I barely know but I still care. 

So.  You know, craziness aside, I guess I believe and know Pastor Andy's Godly comment.  Its nice to be reminded of it when a few things have been a bit difficult lately and I've begun clenching my teeth when I've never done that before.  The reminder has not happened in a while and I appreciate it.

Just a few thoughts on some of the recent happenings and things which came to mind.  Ha!  Guess the Red Eye is on now and that means its 1am.  Crazy.

Great things to you, take it easy and God bless all the merry children.  : )

Dr. Scott         http://www.fnchiropractic.com/           

P.S.  Scottsdale office now up and running at Hayden and Raintree in     http://www.bodytherapyaz.com/
        and I'm in Chandler still as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was wondering if there is an effect on infants if they would have to undergo chiropractor? A friends of mine's 1 year old baby has to undergo such a theraphy.

    Chiropractor Rockville

    ReplyDelete