Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Few Days

I've been so busy.
I can't stop talking to people about the bionicband. Its really crazy because normally I just don't do this kind of thing and I am a clam. Its also funny since I'll go just about anywhere and, out of the blue, I'll see something and simply get attention from any person and then we're talkin' bionic. My new domain name is bionicdoc.com. Its linked to the primary website for people to purchase the product and/or sign up for the business.

Since I am at the beginnings of my office which started in July, I have a ton of marketers coming in and trying to hit me up. I really can't believe how many people there are in the Chandler area attempting to sell me their stuff. Its intimidating when I pick up any local ad product and I see how much money other chiros are spending on the publications. I've rarely had any success with this kind of ad material and I just don't buy any longer and I rely on building relationships and gaining quality referrals. I tell you what, since July I've probably sat down with about fifty to sixty ad-type salesman. No kidding. Just about every one of them involves the range of 2 to 9 thousand dollars or month and the range is usually over the period of one year or just one month. I'm thinking of starting one of those businesses and make it into something I would actually like to see sitting on my doorstep every week. All of them are pretty much the same and have never influenced me to buy anything. So I think I would make one of these ad things fun and zany and then maybe get someone to call my ad paying clients. It would probably be cheaper for me to make this kind of thing and get high school kids who want a couple twentys on the side to distribute than if I paid the other guys. Just an idea.

So the ad-copiers: I initially thought to offer them fifty bucks per legitimate patient they brought in to my office in lieu of my not buying their stuff. I still have been too chicken to make my offer after I tell them I don't buy their kind of product and they don't produce. Now that I have bionic band, I can't believe I'm doing this...but I figure I have captive audience. I have let them tell their story and then I get to tell mine. What better person to tell this than someone who is taking my time and who is also in the sales field and understands selling and what a good business is all while selling something that is good for everyone? Right? One of these guys will soon see the big picture and its a matter of time.

An update. I have been talking to a lot of people and it is truly fun. Everyone I've been branching out to I have truly enjoyed the experience and I totally look forward to meeting them again. I remember every one of your names and I really don't know why this has always been the case with my memory. Most hear a name and then its forgotten. That's okay. Just happens that I hit at about ninety percent. My most recent are Kevin, Mike, Doug, Matthew, Don, Kimberly. Very strange. I think its after reading Carnegie's books that this began to happen. Before that it was memory of numbers. That is a strange thing as well. The numbers continue. I base most things on math. Where you walk, how you drive, working out, sleep. Its all math to me. I have a count to sixty and, in general, sixty takes me approximately 43 seconds to count to. Since my interior gauge lights on the Saab do not work, my count to sixty tells me how fast I am going on the freeway according to the mile markers. Its no-fail. Every once in a while I get the flashlight out and check and, sure enough, it works out.

On a note and not to be a real pain. I continue to be surprised about reports on how others are reacting to the bionic band. I know my personal experience is, so far, such that I do not do not want to go without. Elsie Jane has been telling all her friends and I cannot believe the response she is getting. I wish they would be the same with chiropractic. But, anyway, I simply have this total energy and my personality has turned into something very outgoing. Of course, today I was hoping that the energy would attract more patients into my office, but that didn't happen. The energy did give me more ideas and I think I have so much going that I'm getting into the position of having to figure out how to delegate all the things I would really enjoy being done in a bunch of endeavors. The neatest thing behind it all is simply the part of connecting with others. Whether they get the message or not, that is okay. I just know that when I take the time to talk to any one person that I have been honest and tell it like I see it. That is most important. It is always so great to hear others tell their story. I think I enjoy that best of all.

I have a lot more to say but Elsie told me I better eat or I might die or something like that. I think she said something like "You eat, you never eat and you need healthy body so you not go goofy." She brought me breakfast this morning and I had to eat two breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment