Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stocks

http://www.fnchiropractic.com
http://www.fool.com

I'm a motley fool follower. The Gardeners are the advisors on the market I follow most. I appreciate IBD and all the statistics O'Neill has to offer. Motley Fool tells the real story, in my opinion. My Caps list can be found under the name drsmoller. The volatile market today can show some real losers and I have continued to not be one of them. I can't say that I have much strategy in "diversifying" and all that may entail. I just kind of see what's hot and I go with it.
I started with ideas on stocks at about age 13. I bought through my dad initially. I also got bullied by my dad and his broker, Joe. I only mention getting bullied as the last transaction I ever made as a young kid was when I was hot after an IPO called Quicksilver. I presented my position and got steamrolled in the offices of my dad's broker and agreed to a buy with some kind of company involved with fingerprinting and microfilm. Something like that. That was a mistake. My last mistake after the dad-Joe-deal was listening to others on WilliamsCo. and a sudden and total crash in '02.
Since then I've bought what I know and also I've bought what I see all around me. My latest that I've seen is Paradise Bakery, an AZ company. Its traded as Panera and the shops are totally hot. Eating out frequently, I see stuff that maybe some don't. The experience at Paradise is better than Cheesecake Factory and the cost is half. If you visit my Caps at Motley Fool, you will see that my picks are usually in the 60% range or greater. My favorite all-time are MVL and CSE. Those are not gambles for me. My gambles are in ETF's and emerging markets. With these, I just think long-term and let it roll. I don't like my MSFT, but its sort of stable and I like their ads with Bill shaking his butt next to Seinfeld.

So, a bunch of financials are getting hit and its crazy seeing the tickers go. Other than that, I've been happy with my picks and haven't gone down mainly because of buying what I like and what I see others like. I think Elsie Jane understands the investment process and I wish she would understand better when I put another thousand into my convertible because I love that ride so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment