Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The List

http://www.fnchiropractic.com
http://www.bionicdoc.com


I have a list. It keeps growing. Sometimes this list is just out of hand. Starting a new business in what appears to be a bad economy has made my list get larger as bills come in and then you have to figure out who gets what and when. You know, you make sure the roof stays over your head and that transportation cost is maintained and then you allocate. Also, until about ten years ago, I didn't understand paying yourself first. After divorce and attorneys and a bunch of stuff with business, I figured that out. I asked my dad about it early on and he wasn't any help. I asked my CPA and he had vagaries. I figured out that a CPA on trade-out was not the best person to use for finance. So, you know, I just continue to learn. My list right now is chiropractic, domain names, ebay drop-ship, parking, and bionic band P.A.R.T. technologies and Elsie. Then there is the grocery list. None of it is necessarily in order, Elsie Jane is probably #1.

I think Brandon is the latest on the list as he's started to come around and ask me about stuff. Brandon is Elsie Jane's son and I think I may be becoming his second dad. And that's pretty scary. Very soon I think the time is coming when we will probably all be living in the same place. Brandon's real dad seems to me to be a pretty nice guy but there are two stories and now three with Brandon's perspective. I don't want to mess with the stories but add another to make all the themes become one. Eventually, I know that this will happen because I know that Brandon is a mathematical genius and that we get along very well. But I have been stand-offish. Its just my approach to be sure that a learning curve is achieved.

A little background. I really loved my ex-wife, Stacy. I was never able to express certain things, though. And when it came to a point when my self-esteem was challenged, my ex-wife wasn't there and she tried to tear me down. So I left. Elsie Jane is very much like Stacy but she challenges me and holds me up when I may be down. She looks at me with these big brown eyes that spurn me to just be a man. I also just really love Elsie Jane. There is no one like her. Its kind of funny and also tragic that I could say that I would also be able to love my ex-wife if she would stop being a real junky person and just come around. But I guess that is how she is.

So Brandon keeps asking me about certain things and I just don't know how to say it like it is because he is told one thing and the truth lies elsewhere. I'm fairly certain that his education lies with his father and that Elsie Jane has no plans involved. I'm kind of hoping that the dad dies before Brandon goes on to a PhD program, but thats just me saying that. His dad is older so to say that he may pass away is not like a giveaway or anything. Brandon's dad is just older. Brandon is asking me about workouts, but I am first taking him to a financial management seminar and then to the gym. I can easily make him stronger in the gym, but I hope I can make him stronger in the financials. That is my hope. I'd rather not see him grow up groping for a rope when he could easily make the rope on his own. I did all sorts of things with my own dad but never learned much of consequence. I'd like to learn the communication style of Brandon to maybe make a small difference in what I know is a continued life of greatness. If that can be achieved, then I would know that I have actually done something that is tangible and real. This is one great kid and I just hope that I can be more than a carpenter with him.

The life we are all living now is crazy. It seems that we all just go from place to place and sometimes it is difficult to notice any progress. When I'm not seeing progress, I just take a step back. I figure that the step back is better than taking a wrong step forward. When I'm working for my self in my own businesses, its easy to take the step back. I realize that there is real life and that real life is far better in affecting others in a real way.

Sometimes maybe my weblogs make little sense. I figure that's okay. They make you think if there is no sense involved. I can be reached at drscott@fnchiropractic.com

P.S. I enjoy hearing from you. Especially if what I exploit is zany or otherwise.

sm

No comments:

Post a Comment